WEEK OF SEP. 25-29, 2023
For all things Holmes, we have our weekly-updated news list known as “Dog Tracks.” There are sections for each campus and for the district as a whole. Be sure to check back here for important news and events that you won’t want to miss.
DISTRICT WIDE news:
Tuesday, Sept. 26, Softball vs. MVSU, home, 6:30 p.m.; Soccer vs. Southwest, home, 1/4 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 28, Football vs. Coahoma, home, 6:30 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 29, Baseball vs. East Miss./Arkansas State Mid-South, home, 11 a.m./2 p.m.; Soccer vs. Pearl River, home, 1/3 p.m.
Fall Online Class Information:
Do you need to add more classes to your schedule?
eLearning offers online classes that start later in the semester:
- second 8-Week Classes start October 16 and end December 8
- fourth 4-Week Classes start November 13 and end December 8
If you have questions or need assistance, please call 662.472.9120.
Dates and Times for the Week of September 25-29:
Attala Center: Tuesday 9 am – 1 pm
Goodman Campus: Wednesday 1 pm – 3 pm
Grenada Campus: Wednesday 11 am – 4 pm
Ridgeland Campus: Wednesday 10 am – 4 pm
If you have questions or need assistance, please call 662.472.9063.
2022-23 Yearbooks available
If you were a full-time student in 2022-23 and haven’t picked up your yearbook yet, please go to the Business Offices at Grenada and Ridgeland and McMorrough Library on the Goodman Campus to get yours.
click the + by your location to see news for your campus
Fitness Center Hours (Branch Coliseum)
- Students Monday-Wednesday: 1:30-7:30 pm, Thursday: 1:30-6:00 pm
- Faculty/ Staff Only: Monday-Thursday, 12 noon-1:30 pm
- Monday 9/25 @ 6:30 – 6v6 Dodgeball Tournament – Frank Branch Coliseum (Sign-up in the Fitness Center or IM Leagues by 6)
- Tuesday 9/26 @ 6 – Tennis – Tennis Courts
- Wednesday 9/27 @ 6 – Cornhole, Volleyball & Spikeball – Beach Volleyball Court
- Cornhole Tournament on Wednesday, October 11th @ 6 next to the beach volleyball court. Winners will compete in the championship tournament against other campuses on homecoming day! Sign-up your team in the Fitness Center, IM Leagues, or email email@example.com. Students, faculty/staff, and alumni are all welcome to participate!
- Monday – Look for the Snack Cart; and sign up for trampoline park
- Tuesday – Trampoline Park –Student Center – leaving at 5:15
- Wednesday – Karaoke – Student Center – 6:00
Freedom Rides Exhibit at McMorrough Library
- The Freedom Rides: Journey for Change will be on display at Holmes Community College from September 18-October 30. This exhibit explores one of the most important events in civil rights history through the eyes of the activists fighting for change. The exhibit is part of the Mississippi Department of Archives and History Traveling Exhibits Program.
BSU activities set
- Tues 7pm—Worship
- Thursday 11:45—Noonday (free lunch & devotion)
- All activities at the BSU building
STEM Study Center – CTC Lab 1
- SSC Hours: M-TH 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- TUTORING HOURS:
- Monday: 8:15 – 10:45 a.m.
- 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:15 – 11:15 a.m.
- 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:15 – 10:45 a.m.
- 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:15 – 11:15 a.m.
- 12:15 – 3:00 p.m.
Writing Center to open
- The Goodman Writing Center will open on Sept. 5. The center will be open from 1-3:30 Mon.-Thurs. and have morning hours from 9:30-10:30 on Mon. and Wed. The center is located in McDaniel Room 25. Students can share their work with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carroll Cafeteria menu
- To stay up-to-date with cafeteria menus by going to https://holmescc.campus-dining.com/dining-location/carroll-cafeteria/.
- Sep 28th, 9-12 AM in the forum: Students can meet with prospective schools and hear about their programs and gain perspective for various STEM career paths
- September 25th– Pizza Party in the Forum from 11-1. Games and Free Food! (Come and Go)
Coffee and Donuts
- September 28th Coffee and Donut Bar in the Deli from 9AM-10AM
Delta State University Visit
- The College of Ed is coming for a visit and to meet with students on October 11 at 11:00 a.m. They will present on Education, Psychology, and Counseling, but will also have general information about the college too.
- October 12th at 12 in the Forum! Sign up in the Recruiting Office, room 142 (beside financial aid)
- Hours for TWC, located in Room 210
- Monday-Thursday 7:30-3:30
- Tutoring Hours:
- Monday & Wednesday: 7:30-3:30
- Tuesday & Thursday: 7:30-10:30 & 12:00-3:30
We also offer virtual hours by emailing email@example.com.
**Students must sign in whether meeting with tutor or not
PHI THETA KAPPA Member Meetings
for New and Returning Members:
- September 28th at 12:30 in room 110.Hear about scholarship information, benefits of PTK and hear from transfer recruiter Alison Chain (Ole Miss).
PTK Invitations Will Be Sent Out on September 5
- Phi Theta Kappa invitations will be emailed to students’ Holmes email on September 5.
- PTK is the official academic honor society for community colleges. Invitations to join will be issued to students who:
- – Are enrolled for the current semester at Holmes Community College;
- – Have successfully completed at least 12 credit hours at Holmes Community College. Grades and credits for courses completed at other institutions will not be considered when determining membership eligibility. Have no remedial classes count towards their 12 hours of courses.
- – Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 at Holmes Community College
- – Be enrolled in at least three semester hours during the semester in which the member is inducted.
- If you have questions about eligibility or how to accept membership, please contact Mrs. Cynthia Abel at firstname.lastname@example.org or Haley DeNoon at email@example.com
Baptist Student Union
- Tuesday’s at Noon, join the BSU for a free lunch followed by a Bible Study. They meet each week in room 122 of the main building. Bring a friend!
EMS Basic Classes
- Sign up for the second 8-week class that will begin Oct 9th.
Jack L. Holmes Library Fall Hours:
- M-W 7:30AM-6PM
- TH 7:30AM-5PM
- Stop by and utilize their study rooms, free printing and grab a coffee or snack. Questions? Call 662-227-2361
On Campus Food & Hygiene Pantry – DONATIONS NEEDED
- Our campus pantry is open for students! Students can visit Cynthia Abel in Room 141 or Haley DeNoon in room 121 for access to the pantry. We encourage any student who could utilize this pantry to use this free service. The pantry is located down the hall across the from the deli in the Main Building. Students will need to bring their Holmes Student I.D. and can visit the pantry once a week.
- Save the date of November 1st for Grenada fall fest! More details to come!
- Thursday 9/28 @ 12 – 4v4 Water Polo – Fitness Center Pool (Sign-up on IM Leagues or email firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 9/26!)
Fitness Center Hours
- Monday through Thursday 7:30 am to 7pm
- Friday 8 am to 3:30 pm
- *Holiday and Summer hours Vary*
Jackson State University
- Jackson State University is currently waiving application fee. The $25 application fee is waived from September 1 – 30, 2023 for terms Fall 23 (JSUOnline ONLY), Spring 24, Summer 24, and Fall 24.
- Students may apply directly at our website at https://futuretiger.jsums.edu/.
The Writing Center is here for you!
- Tutors are now available. Go to http://holmescc.mywconline.com to create an account and select an appointment time and format. You may choose F2F, Video, or E-Tutoring sessions. For questions, come by Madison Hall 205 or email the Writing Center Coordinator, Dr. Stacey Coulter, at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!
- The Student Government Association is a group of students that are charged with managing a wide range of events, activities, programs, policies and initiatives on campus. To participate in SGA on your campus, please complete the member interest from below and a SGA sponsor on your campus will contact you. https://holmescc.edu/student-life/student-government-association/
View Oil Paintings by Art Students
- Please take a moment to view the first collection of oil painting studies by Ridgeland Campus art students that are framed and hung in the hallway. The paintings are located in Madison Hall near Room 210.
Representatives Will Be Coming to Campus
- The following representatives will be on campus beginning the week of September 25th
- US Marines Recruiter, Sgt. Campbell, Monday, September 25, 2023, 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Ridgeland Hall
- Pre-School at First Ridgeland, Kim Seth, Wednesday, September 27, 2023, 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Ridgeland Hall
- Wireless Security ,Sharon Douglas, Thursday, September 28, 2023, 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Ridgeland Hall
Anyone wishing to see their events posted in Dog Tracks should email firstname.lastname@example.org before 3:30pm on Thursday of each week. Thanks for your attention in this matter.
fall 2023 academic
dates to remember:
Note: All Dates and Deadlines are subject to change.
Last Day to Qualify for Fall Graduation
First Day to Register for Spring Classes
October 6 & 9 – Student Fall Break
November 20-24 – Thanksgiving
1 (800) HOLMES-4 | holmescc.edu
Holmes Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or genetic information in its educational programs and activities, employment practices, or admissions processes. The following administrators have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies of Holmes Community College: Inquiries regarding compliance with Title VI, ADEA, and Title IX are coordinated by the Vice President for Compliance and Institutional Research, Henry B. McClellan Administration Building, Post Office Box 369, Goodman, MS 39079, Phone: 662-472-9429, email@example.com. Inquiries regarding compliance with Section 504 and ADA are coordinated by the Disability Student Services Coordinator, M.R. Thorne Vocational-Technical Building, Room 110, Post Office Box 369, Goodman, MS 39079, Phone: 662-472-9088, firstname.lastname@example.org.